- 4 Person Rafts
- 6 Person Rafts
- 8 Person Rafts
- 10 Person Rafts
The Lazy Day Rental Experience
- We encourage all our guests to #BeLazy and take advantage of a FULL DAY of floating. Trips average 3-4 hours, but take your time and enjoy your day as you take in the sites and meander through the heart of Calgary. Your booking is good for 24 gloriously lazy hours. Our crew is here to make sure you have the laziest day possible… go for a swim, have a picnic in a park, find a spot to pull over and have a nap… whatever floats your boat to get your summer lazy on
Everything you need to enjoy a full day floating on the Bow. We have revised our packages to be all inclusive without any additional charges. Note: our software doesn’t allow us to include the booking fees so they show up on the bill but you will not be charged anything over the posted package price – except for the government’s share (tax)
- Quality Rafts
- Life Jackets
- Safety kit (including safety whistle, rope, bailing bucket)
What to Bring
- Photo ID
- Sun protection
- Snacks and water
- Good water shoes or sneakers (flip flops not recommended)
- Your safety is our priority. Our friendly Lazy Day Crew will ensure you are completely informed about all aspects of your day (don’t be shy to ask questions) prior to starting your experience. Save yourself a mandatory court appearance and up to a $500 fine wear your life jacket at all times as they are provided as part of your package when you #Float the Bow. We also recommend carrying a cell phone in a waterproof carrier while on board (we’ll provide a free ziplock if needed or you can buy a waterproof cell phone holder) so you can take pics of Uncle Bob napping on the river. Obviously, remember to skip posting to social media if you’ve called in to work sick. For emergencies call 911. For all other enquiries or if you want to just say “hi” feel free to call us at 403.258.0575.Under this section please have a link that says “Click here to see our covid-19 response” and link it to their covid 19 document that is currently under the more tab within the nav menu.
Life Jacket Rental
- Life jackets are included in your Lazy Day rental package. However, for those of you that have your own floating device but don’t have a life jacket we offer Life Jacket rentals for $7.50 each. We may even have some for sale – enquire with one of the Crew for availability.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Those canceling 24 hours prior to their reservation will receive a full refund of their deposit. Those canceling under 24 hours prior to their reservation can reschedule their raft rental to a new date.
- Late Fees
Our shop closes at 9 PM, but if you plan to float longer than that, just call us and arrange to return the raft and all the equipment the next day as rentals are good for 24 hours. Our top goal is for you to enjoy your experience and not worry about rushing to return the gear.
- Raft Durability
All small and medium rafts are rated for a minimum of Class Three whitewater (good thing the Bow is a lazy Class One). After 13 years of full-service raft rental in Calgary we have custom designed these rafts specifically for our Lazy Day guests to ensure maximum durability and comfort while you enjoy your day on the water. The Large and X-large rafts are built for Class 5 whitewater (with enough room to dance a jig with Aunt Sally #FloatTheBow). All rafts have multiple sealed chambers to guard against any unfortunate incidents to keep all our guests safe and lazy while floating the Bow river.
Pre-Authorization Booking Policy
- Lazy Day Raft Rentals requires a deposit of $350 held against a major credit card. This will be released and returned to the card upon successful inspection of the equipment once it is returned. The fee for rental equipment damaged, lost or stolen will be equal to the full replacement cost of the item in question. Determination of level of damage is at the discretion of Lazy Day Raft Rentals.
The Bow River is one of Canada’s most iconic spots for lazy river rafting. Its gentle waters and spaciousness make it perfect for floating on, though you can expect a lot of visitors enjoying the three to four-hour ride with you. Most rafters get in at West Baker Park — across the river from Bowness Park.
West Baker Park (hand launch) has a boat ramp to encourage rafters to launch from there. On weekends, Lazy Day raft Rentals will be set up here to assist you in getting into the river.
Parking, toilets, picnic tables, and garbage bins are available. We recommend the Bow River because, at the end of the trip, we help you take your raft off the river and haul it back to our shop. We no longer encourage the Elbow River for rafting as the water levels are too low year-round.
Another accessible park on the Bow River is Shouldice Park. Entering at Shouldice shortens the amount of time on the river and back to our shop. Shouldice Park (hand launch) has a boat ramp that is assigned to Emergency Services Vehicle Use. The public can use this site as a hand launch.
There are several points of interest on this float, including beaches, picnic areas, an Olympic Ski jump, beautiful homes, and ducks (please don’t feed them bread).
All parks listed as being on the river and additional information can be found at this link: West Baker Park.
Float times are a conservative estimate and can vary greatly depending on the water level and flow of the rivers. The Bow River’s water level is normally higher in June and July, and so its flow is also faster at that time.
West Baker Park & Bowness Park to Lazy Day Shop (Sunnyside): Approximately three hours
We *could* tell you that this raft is suitable to accommodate 6 of your closest, sweaty, garlic eating friends and family, as our rafts are rugged and can handle it. But we strongly suggest a max of 4 adults to be comfortable…although a parent or two and a few kids and pets would fit comfortably.
Price: $79 inclusive of everything (except Tax)
As the name implies, it’s bigger than the small and you could cram up to 8 fun loving friends and family and maybe even a dog or two but you will be much more comfortable with 6 guests.
Price: $109 inclusive of everything (except TAX – arg!!!)
This raft is built for guests who require more space and separation from others as well as that one friend who overpacks for everything and brings 3 bags for a day on the water. This raft is best suited for up to 8 people, or if you want to do your best impression of a sardine you could stuff in 10 of your closest friends plus all their gear.
Price: $139 inclusive of everything (except tax – arggggggg!!!!!!!)
What can we say about these beauties? Built for the big groups wanting to have a big day on the water. These giants are the largest of our fleet and can accommodate 10 comfortably. Grab some friends or even a couple of strangers (it’s up to you) and make a big splash on the Bow.
Price: $169 inclusive of everything (except tax – keep calm and #Float the Bow)