- 4 Person Rafts
- 6 Person Rafts
- 8 Person Rafts
- 10 Person Rafts
Rent a Raft in Calgary
- Rentals are good for 6-hour blocks
- Safety kit
What to Bring
- Photo ID
- Sun protection
- Snacks and water
- Good water shoes or sneakers (flip flops not recommended)
- Your safety is our priority. Our friendly staff ensures you are completely informed before leaving the shop. All of our rafts are of rugged construction and fitted with safety kits, and every passenger must wear a life vest. We recommend you carry a cell phone and waterproof carrier while on board the raft.
Life Jacket Rental
- Life jackets without a raft rental are $7.50 each
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Those canceling 24 hours prior to their reservation will receive a full refund of their deposit. Those canceling under 24 hours prior to their reservation can reschedule their raft rental to a new date.
Pre-Authorization Booking Policy
- Lazy Day Raft Rentals requires a deposit of $350 held against a major credit card. This will be released and returned to the card upon successful inspection of the equipment once it is returned. The fee for rental equipment damaged, lost or stolen will be equal to the full replacement cost of the item in question. Determination of level of damage is at the discretion of Lazy Day Raft Rentals.
The Bow River is one of Canada’s most iconic spots for lazy river rafting. Its gentle waters and spaciousness make it perfect for floating on, though you can expect a lot of visitors enjoying the three to four-hour ride with you. Most rafters get in at West Baker Park — across the river from Bowness Park.
West Baker Park (hand launch) has a boat ramp to encourage rafters to launch from there. On weekends, Lazy Day raft Rentals will be set up here to assist you in getting into the river.
Parking, toilets, picnic tables, and garbage bins are available. We recommend the Bow River because, at the end of the trip, we help you take your raft off the river and haul it back to our shop. We no longer encourage the Elbow River for rafting as the water levels are too low year-round.
Another accessible park on the Bow River is Shouldice Park. Entering at Shouldice shortens the amount of time on the river and back to our shop. Shouldice Park (hand launch) has a boat ramp that is assigned to Emergency Services Vehicle Use. The public can use this site as a hand launch.
There are several points of interest on this float, including beaches, picnic areas, an Olympic Ski jump, beautiful homes, and ducks (please don’t feed them bread).
All parks listed as being on the river and additional information can be found at this link: West Baker Park.
Float times are a conservative estimate and can vary greatly depending on the water level and flow of the rivers. The Bow River’s water level is normally higher in June and July, and so its flow is also faster at that time.
Shouldice Park to Lazy Day Shop (Sunnyside): Two and a half hours
Edworthy Park to Lazy Day Shop (Sunnyside): One and a half hours
West Baker Park & Bowness Park to Lazy Day Shop (Sunnyside): Four hours
To Calgary Zoo Parking Lot, add one hour to your trip from your starting point.